You can perform types of transfers:
• Attended—Call the person to whom you are transferring the call and speak to them before transferring the call.
• Blind—Transfer the call without speaking to the other party to whom you are transferring the call.
Performing an Attended Transfer
To perform an attended transfer for all phones (except the Cisco SPA501G):
During an active call, press xfer. The call is placed on hold and a new line is opened to dial the number.
STEP 2 Either:
- Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call.
- Press dir and either choose a number from the personal directory
- When it rings or when it is answered hit the Dial button or the # button
Performing an Unattended (Blind) Transfer
- When you're on a call press the right arrow key which shifts the menu at the bottom of the screen
- Press BXfer
- Dial the extension you wish to transfer to
- Press the # key
Transferring a Held Call to an Active Call
If you have one call on hold and one active call, you can transfer one of the calls to the other call, connecting the two callers. This is different from a conference call, because you no longer remain part of the call after the transfer. (Not available for the Cisco SPA501G.)
With one active call and one or more calls on hold, press the xferLx softkey.
If you have only one call on hold, the call is transferred to the active party and you are disconnected.
If you have more than one call on hold, choose the held call you want to transfer by pressing the line button of the call on hold.