How to connect the Fax Machine to ATA.
1. Connect the fax machine to the ATA.
2. Plug in the ATA to the internet.
3. Plug in the ATA to a power source.
4. Wait for all lights to become solid green. It is necessary for each device to complete its reboot cycle before all the lights are green.
5. Please ensure that the fax machine is set to Group 3 mode and has the maximum baud rate of 9600 bps. ( Please refer to your fax machine user manual or to your fax manufacturer on how to change this setting.)
Fax Troubleshooting Procedures
1. Call the number and check if it is a fax number. (You should hear a fax-tone)
2. Check the internet connection.
3. Check for any loose cables (Fax, ATA, Nightingale, router etc)
4. Power cycle the devices in the order Router - Nightingale - Fax and ATA. This can be done by unplugging the devices for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.
5. Check the fax machine settings.
6. Contact IPfinity if the fax is still not working after following the procedures above.