If you have noticed that your SIP phone cannot make or receive calls please do the following:
- Check that the phone has a secure ethernet and power connection. Wiggle the cables slightly to make sure they are not loose.
- Check that the other end of the phone's ethernet cable is also securely plugged in.
- Confirm that the network the phone is plugged into has internet access. You can do this by testing another device on the network.
- Confirm with your network administrator that any firewalls you have are not blocking the phone's SIP access to the internet.
- Power cycle the phone by unplugging the power cable and waiting 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Reboot the router that the phone is plugged into.
- If it still cannot make or receive calls after the previous steps please find your phone manufacturer's specific instructions below.
- Press the Menu key found in the middle of the arrow keys and navigate to Config > Upgrade > Config Server and check to see that the config server field says spgs.ipfinity.com
- If the field is blank or has a different entry, fill out the correct string using the keypad and then reboot the phone when you are done.
- To factory reset the phone navigate to Config > Factory Reset and confirm.
- Once the phone has finished its factory reset (it may reboot itself several times and the whole process will likely take a few minutes) enter the Configuration Server string as described above and reboot the phone again.